Saint Martha’s helps abused women and their children break the cycle of violence in their lives. Saint Martha’s is guided by the social justice teachings of Jesus Christ.
In an attempt to accomplish its mission, Saint Martha’s offers:
- an immediate, confidential safe place for women who are abused and their children to live;
- a non-shelter drop-in center
- a supportive environment with a strong emphasis on peer support;
- a self-help philosophy to enhance self-esteem and decision-making skills;
- 24- hour crisis line;
- accurate information and referrals to women who are abused and their children and when appropriate to their abusers;
- advocacy services;
- individual crisis, group and family counseling;
- a program to help children cope with the far-reaching effects of woman battering;
- follow up support
- community education to increase public awareness and understanding of domestic violence.
Saint Martha’s provides services for abused women and their children regardless of religion, race, residency, disability, marital status, color, national origin, or ancestry.