Have you ever been a part of a conversation around the holiday dinner table that makes you want to slide back in your chair and hide under the table? If so…you might already be dreading an awkward conversation this holiday season:
What if Uncle Scott brings up his “hot” political opinions!?
What if Aunt Jan tries to get me to join her pyramid scheme!?
What if Grandma keeps asking everyone when she’s going to get more grandchildren!?
If you’re hosting this holiday season, and you’re not quite sure how to steer things in a positive and light-hearted direction, then we encourage you to use these 25 questions as a jumping-off point for conversation.
How you use them is up to you! Print them off here and put a question at each place setting…or just pick a few of your favorites and suggest everyone go around the table to answer. Who knows…you may learn some new things about your dinner guests and experience a little more joy this holiday season.
25 Positive Questions for Better Thanksgiving Dinner Conversations
- What is your favorite holiday food? Is there a memory attached to it? If yes, please share.
- What is something you have accomplished this year that you are proud of?
- What do you love most about your home?
- What do you wear when you’re feeling your very best, and why?
- In this season of life, what are you most grateful for?
- Tell me about someone that has been a good friend to you.
- What piece of technology do you appreciate most in your daily life?
- If you had a day with a completely empty schedule, how would you choose to spend it?
- What small joys bring goodness to your day?
- What do you enjoy most about the community you live in?
- What’s one act of kindness you experienced today?
- What is one compliment that you always appreciate hearing?
- What is the last thing you bought online that you really love?
- What is a skill/talent that comes naturally to you?
- What person in your life brings you the most joy?
- What is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
- What food would you eat every day if you could?
- What song always puts you in a good mood?
- What smell brings back great memories for you?
- Who would be the best person to be stuck in an elevator with?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Where is the most relaxing place you have been?
- What is something unique about you?
- What is one good piece of advice that you received from your parent(s)?
- Who is someone that has greatly influenced your life for the better? And how?
Finding JOY every day
While your family gets together this season, fill your home with encouragement and joyful messages. Stream JOY FM wherever you go by Clicking here to listen. Or you can easily bring JOY with you by downloading the JOY FM App.
What can you expect from listening to JOY FM?
You’re going to hear a lot of great music. Music with meaning…but you’re still going to want to sing along with the songs.
You’re going to hear on-air personalities that are real people. Laughing. Having fun. And being honest about life.
And you’re going to notice that JOY FM leaves you feeling a little better about life in general. A few minutes of listening should leave you feeling uplifted…encouraged…refreshed…ok, we’ll say it…more JOYful!