More good stuff...
- Download free iPhone App
- Download free Android App
- Download free Blackberry App
- Download Read the Bible In A Year
- Join the e-club
- Join the JOY FM Music Panel
- Volunteer at JOY FM
- Get a free JOY FM sticker
- Buy JOY FM T-Shirts
Concerts & Events
About JOY FM
Desiring obedience above all, we will use Christian Music as a means of encouraging believers, uniting the body of Christ and sharing the clear, life-changing message of Jesus with the world.
JOY FM now has 100,000 watts broadcasting on 99.1 fm, which covers all of St. Louis and the surrounding area.
For over 15 years St. Louis had a contemporary Christian music station (commercial station). In 1997, that station was sold, and St. Louis was without Christian music for three and a half years. In 2001, JOY FM came on the air as a non-commercial, listener supported station. That means we rely fully on the generous, faithful support of our listeners and can never be sold. It also means that instead of listening to commercials, you get at least 55 minutes of music every hour.
- Sandi Brown – General Manager / Morning Show Co-host
- Nick - Morning Show Co-host
- Scott Anthony - Morning Show Producer / Traffic / On-Air
- Kim Underwood – Social Media Director / Afternoon Co-Host
- Tim Thomson – IT Director / Afternoon Co-Host
- Mike Matthews - On-air
- Jill Willis – Concerts/Events Manager
- Kelly Corday – Mid-Day Announcer / Assistant Program Director / Music Director
- Jeremy Louis – Production Director / Afternoon Traffic / On-air
- Mike Couchman – Evening Host
- Jill Holt – Accountant
- Brenda Pacini – Office / Accounting Manager
- Terra Howard - Donor Relations
- Ally Carlson - Promotions / Event Assistant
- Jennifer Seevers - Administrative Assistant / Volunteer Coordinator
Do you know for sure that you are going to be with God in heaven? If God was to ask you, “Why should I let you in to My Heaven?” what would you say?
Did you know that the Bible tells HOW YOU CAN KNOW FOR SURE that you will have eternal life with God in Heaven?
HEAVEN IS A FREE GIFT!
The Bible says “For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
And because HEAVEN IS A GIFT, like any other genuine gift…
IT IS NOT EARNED OR DESERVED
No amount of personal effort, good works, or religious deeds can earn a place for you in Heaven.
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
WHY is it that no one can earn his way to heaven?
MAN IS A SINNER
“For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
Sin, is breaking God’s law, and includes such things as lying, lust, cheating, deceit, anger, evil thoughts, immoral behavior, and more. AND BECAUSE OF THIS…
MAN CANNOT SAVE HIMSELF
If you wanted to save yourself by good deeds, do you know how good you would have to be?
“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” (Matthew 5:48)
With such a high standard, no one can save himself. HOWEVER, IN SPITE OF OUR SIN…
GOD IS MERCIFUL
And therefore doesn’t want to punish us. This is because, “…God is love.” (1 John 4:8) and He says “…I have loved you with an everlasting love.” (Jeremiah 31:3)
But the same Bible which tells us that God loves us also tells us that…
GOD IS JUST
And therefore must punish sin. “The Lord is slow to anger and great in power; the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished.” (Nahum 1:3)
SO WE HAVE A PROBLEM
God loves us and doesn’t want to punish us…but He is just and must punish sin.
God solved this problem for us in the person of…
WHO IS HE?
The Bible tells us that he was both GOD and MAN.
“In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God. And the Word (Jesus) became flesh, and dwelt among us.”(John 1: 1, 14)
WHAT DID HE DO?
He died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and rose from the grave to purchase a place for us in Heaven.
“We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.” (Isaiah 53:6)
Jesus Christ bore our sin in His body on the cross and now offers you eternal life (Heaven) as a free gift.
This gift is received by…
Many people mistake 2 things for saving faith:
1. Saving faith is not just believing certain historical facts. The Bible says that even the devil believes that there is one God, so believing that there is one God is not saving faith.
2. Saving faith is not just trusting God for temporary crises such as financial, family, or physical needs. Now these are good, and you should trust Christ for these, but they are not saving faith.
SAVING FAITH is TRUSTING IN JESUS CHRIST ALONE for ETERNAL LIFE. It means resting upon CHRIST ALONE and on what HE HAS DONE rather than in what you or I have done to get us into heaven.
“…Believe (trust) in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved…” (Acts 16:31)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE THIS
FREE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE?
Because this is such an important matter let’s clarify just what it involves. It means you need to…
*Admit your need (“I am a sinner”).
*Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
*Recognize Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Believe that he died for you on the cross, rose from the grave, and purchased eternal life for you.
*Through prayer, ask Jesus Christ to come and take control of your life.
Here is a sample prayer: “Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I need your forgiveness. I believe that you died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins and follow you. Help me to lead a life that is pleasing to you. I trust you as my Savior, and ask you now to take control of my life. Thank you for forgiving me and adopting me into the family of God.”
YOU CAN NOW BE SURE THAT YOU WILL
SPEND ETERNITY WITH GOD IN HEAVEN
The Bible says: “For whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13) and “Truly truly I say to you whoever believes has eternal life.” (John 6:47)
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF A WONDERFUL NEW LIFE IN CHRIST! To grow in this relationship with God, we encourage you to:
- Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better. Begin with the book of John.
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- Tell others about your decision to follow Christ.
- Worship and serve God with other believers in a Bible-believing, Christ-honoring local church.
- Demonstrate your new life in Christ by your love and concern for others.